Sunday, February 11, 2007

Glorious Jihadi Linkage

Wow, in what's sure to be a first for the history of Snapped Shot, I'm, well, proud to announce that one of the photographs in our cache has officially been included in an online article over at al Jazeera, the Voice of the Jihadis. Of course, it goes without saying that my link to their article does not indicate that I condone or accept their message in the least, but it's still amusing to note that they're using we Kuf'r infidels to supply their every propagandistic need. See my original story for details which al Jazeera sees fit to leave out.

Exit question: Anyone have any suggestions of more appropriate images to replace al-Jazeera's direct link? I'm thinking of something a little bit more suitable... Do we do it? Or do we just leave the image as-is and ululate over the Pure Pwnage potential?

Update: Ah, what the heck? They should know better than linking to remote images directly anyway. Al Jazeera has officially been pwn3d!

I've saved PDFs of both stages, which I'll post eventually. Until then, clicky on the screenies for much joy.


Before and after

New exit question: Does this make me evil? In either case, I offer this to you as my utmost effort towards promoting peace and stability.

As of 11:54 EST, the "corrected" graphic is still up and visible on the story. I'll be waiting anxiously for it to "suddenly" be "disappeared."

Update: As the illustrious (and most observant!) Bryan Preston points out, this is Al Jazeera newsmagazine, not Al Jazeera the international news network. Not that you'd be able to tell any difference by the content, but that definitely explains why I didn't recognize the styleguide right away. Duly noted, and thanks for the tip, Bryan!

Oh, and 17:00 EST, alternate graphic is still up and live. Cute!

Update: A record-setting day for Snapped Shot. We've had over 11,000 pageviews since the story broke at noonish Eastern time, and while things've dropped off a bit, the server stayed under pretty heavy load all night. This does mean that we're within a hair of the much-coveted (at least, by me) 100,000 Visits metric, and will certainly have passed the 150,000 Pageviews metric by midnight. Does this mean that Snapped Shot is officially in the blogosphere now? I sure hope y'all are enjoying it, in either case!

One thing that we did discover through this whole shindig is that Snapped Shot is currently running on a broken disk which is threatening us with imminent failure, so again—and I do hate to ask, but I hate being an inconvenience to Phill even more—if you have a few dollars to spare, please help Phill keep Snapped Shot up and running!

Source

No comments: